THE STUDENTS GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL CELLS
The cell functions at 2 levels –Department level, headed by HOD and the college level headed by the Principal. Students may feel free to represent their grievances, if any, to the departmental level grievance redressal cell. If it is not settled at the department level, either the student or the department may take the matter to the college level cell.
THE WOMEN’S CELL
A Womens Cell is functioning in the college to keep vigil against harassment of women employees and students. Any instance of misconduct towards women may be brought to the notice of the cell immediately.
Convenor : Mrs. Aleena.K.P
Following is the summary of the circular sent by the Govt. to form ANTI-RAGGING Cell in all colleges.
1. The anti-ragging committee ,headed by the Principal , is responsible for taking the necessary precautions to prevent ragging in colleges and for dealing with the cases of ragging very seriously
2. The committee is also expected to create due awareness among the parents and the students with respect to the seriousness of the crime of ragging ,the need for preventing the same and the nature of the punishment to be meted out to those who get themselves involved in such crimes. They should also be made aware of the authority , to which complaint relating to ragging are to be forwarded .
3. It is the Principal who is ultimately responsible for making the campus ragging free.
BAN ON RAGGING
Ragging in any form will not be allowed in the college campus at any cost.. An anti ragging cell is functioning in the college to ensure prevention of such mischiefs among the students and if any so called incident is noticed by the Authority it will be dealt with iron hand.
RAGGING IS A COGNIZABLE OFFENCE AND PUNISHABLE UNDER PROVISION OF KERALA PROHIBITION OF RAGGING ACT 1998.
The college will take stern action against the offenders. The cardinal points contained in the Act are furnished below for information of the concerned.
a) The act may be called the Kerala Prohibition of Ragging Act 1998.
b) It extends to the whole of state of Kerala.
'Ragging' means display of disorderly conduct, doing any act which causes or is likely to cause physical or psychological harm or raise apprehension or fear or shame or embarrassment to a student in any educational institution and includes.
a) Teasing, abusing of, playing practical jokes on or causing hurt to such student.
b) Asking the student to do any act or perform something which such students will not in the ordinary course willingly do.
PENALTY FOR RAGGING
Whoever directly or indirectly commits, participates or abets or propagates ragging within, or without any educational institution shall, on conviction, be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to two years and shall also be liable to a fine which may extend to Rs 10000/- (Rupees Ten thousand only ).
DISMISSAL OF STUDENT
Any student convicted of an offence under Sec. 4 shall also be dismissed from the institution and such student shall not be admitted in any other educational institution for a period of three years from the date of order of such dismissal.
SUSPENSION OF STUDENT
(1) Whenever any student or, as the case may be , the parents or guardian or a teacher of an educational institution complains , in writing ,of ragging to the Head of the educational institution, the Head of the that educational institutions shall, without prejudice to the foregoing provisions, within seven days of the receipt of the Complaint, enquire into the matter mentioned in the Complaint and, if, prima facie, it is found true ,suspend the students who is accused of the offence , and shall, immediately ,forward the complaint to the Police Station having jurisdiction over the area in which educational institution is situated for further action.
(2) Where, on enquiry by the Head of the educational institution, it is proved that there is no substance prima facie in the complaint received under sub-section (1), he shall intimate the fact, in writing to the complainant.
The applicant as well as his/her parent/guardian is required to furnish declaration on the awareness of the provision of the Act at the time of admission.
Any other details not specially covered by this prospectus will be decided by the undersigned and his/her decisions shall be final.